Here are some books I am reading of have recently read and can very much recommend. For some of them, there are links to where I refer to them in a sermon or reflection.
Comments are welcome, especially with recommendations for further reading.
- The Shattering of Loneliness by Erik Varden
- When Breath becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- War Gardens by Lalage Snow
- Cold War Letters by Thomas Merton
- Reclaiming the Common Good by Virginia Moffatt
- For Good: The Church and the Future of Welfare by Samuel Wells
- East West Street by Philippe Sands
- The Enduring Melody by Michael Mayne
- The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
- A Gentleman in Moscov by Amor Towles
- Nobody’s Fool by Richard Russo
- The Noise of Time by Jules Barnes
- We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas
- A Pigeon and a Boy by Meir Shalev